How to Change the Channels on Linksys Router?
Linksys router is best known for its latest use of technology, high performance and affordable price. The device is popularly used all over the world to create a home network through high-speed internet broadband connection. Also, Linksys routers are used to connect multiple other devices to Wi-Fi with same high-speed internet connectivity. Sometimes, users need advice in order to change bandwidth channel for Linksys router.
If you too want to know procedure for changing bandwidth channel, below are the steps:
- Step 1: It is necessary that your computer is connected to the router either via Ethernet wired connection or Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: In the web browser, type 192.168.1.1 (default Linksys IP address) into URL field and hit Enter.
- Step 3: Type the username and password in respective fields after redirected to a login page. If you do not know your IP address look at the bottom of your router, many manufacturers put the default administrator login credentials at the bottom.
- Step 4: You will be redirected to the main settings page of Linksys router. Here, tweak the settings as per your needs.
- Step 5: Click on 'Wireless' settings tab from the top of the page.
- Step 6: On 'Basic Wireless Settings' tab, click on 'Manual'. In these settings, you can make necessary changes like change of bandwidth channel and many others.
- Step 7: From the drop down menu, select which bandwidth channel you want your router to operate.
- Step 8: Choose Channel as per your preference under the Channel heading.
- Step 9: Save the preferences.
With the given procedure, you have successfully changed your Linksys router bandwidth channel. We hope that this information will help you resolving router issues regarding the bandwidth. If you fail to follow any of the step or feel the need of technical help, do not get worried. Just feel free to give us a call at our 24*7 available number for Linksys Technical Support . In actual, our experts deal in providing complete troubleshooting assistance for complex router issues. With the help of our router engineers, you will be provided complete troubleshooting assistance just on a single call.